Thursday, December 8, 2011

Joyeux Noel ~ with a message from Linus


Joyeux Noel, Mele Kalikimaka and A Merry Christmas to You.  I have spent this first week (going into the second) of advent, decorating the house and tree, mopping up water from a leaking tree stand (oh, my hardwood floors) and vacuuming up creamy white dog fur from our new family member, Ricki, the Yellow Lab.  This is also the busiest week on my calendar ~ celebration wise.  There are two parties to attend for my husband's work (Police Union and Police Department party ... whoo hoo!!! Cops know how to party!).  Saturday night....dinner and a show with the girlfriends.  We will be seeing a local production of "A Christmas Carol" at the Iao Theatre.  Sunday, more girl time .... a Christmas women's event at my church in the afternoon.  Not to mention vacuuming up Ricki's fur .... oh, wait!  I did mention that.  

So, here is a short posting with lots of pictures and a glimpse of a weary women and the cutest dog ever.  Yes, it's me trying to sneak a hot bath in my claw foot tub.  Move over, Ricki .....


"A Charlie Brown Christmas" is a family favorite.  I purchased this first 1965 printing at the Alameda Point Antique Faire in Northern California


My husband bought me this Charlie Brown Christmas tree from Home Depot.  It's so adorable, how could anyone resist?



Christmas ornaments once belonging to my grandmother



I love the silver and red combination ... so festive, so jolly!

These Martha Stewart sparkling branches are dazzling for a Christmas display

I've really made good use of this vintage trophy

Time to display the vintage cranberry red King's Crown goblets on a vintage silver tray

I wanted to sell these at Ooh La La, Maui but I can't part with them....wonderful for the holidays and Valentine's  Day, too!  King's Crown comes in lots of color but the cranberry red is the original.

A bowl full of vintage cookie Christmas cutters.  All for sale at Ooh La La, Maui!  They are going faster than I thought!  Lots of cookies being baked out there......




  Reluctant to buy more ornaments?  Me, too.  I have so many, I have to balance my tree with ornaments to keep it from tipping over ... just kidding.  Browsing through Ross Department Store one day, I came across these tropical beauties.  I couldn't resist......soft muted colors and glitter and the fact they are shaped like shells?  Can you blame me?


"more precious than gold" ....


"Silver and Gold have I none" ....

"A star will come out of Jacob".....
                                    



 When buying holiday greenery, I am always torn between traditional ruby red poinsettias or these beautiful tri-colored ones.  So, I buy both.



Soft muted pinks in this poinsettia .... very shabby chic

This is what a weary Christmas decorator looks like trying to sneak a warm bath ......







and this is what she encounters....



Ricki, the Shabby Chic dog!

In all of our holiday busyness, let's not forget the real reason for the season.  Take it away, Linus........


No comments:

Post a Comment