Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Pat's

                                          St. Patricks
st patricks day pictures



I am not Irish .... as far as I know (as of 12 noon, my cousin informed me our grandmother was half Irish) ....but I love Ireland.  It's a beautiful country and the people of Ireland are as lovely and bonny as it's green, lush countryside.  My suggestion to you, is make a hot cup of Irish coffee (recipe below) and plop yourself in front of the big screen and watch "The Quiet Man" with John Wayne and Maureen O' Hara.
You will be smitten
                                        
    
Outside of Kenmare, Ireland

Killarney National Park
Killarney National Park

Temple Bar, Dublin Ireland

Inside Temple Bar, having Irish Coffees 



Irish coffee is the perfect finale to a St. Patrick's Day feast.

Martha Stewart Living, March 2009
  • YieldServes 4

Add to Shopping List

Ingredients

  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 3 cups strong hot coffee
  • 4 ounces Irish whiskey, such as Knappogue Castle

Directions

  1. Whisk cream and sugar together in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form. Divide coffee and whiskey among 4 coffee cups, then top each with 1/2 cup whipped cream. Serve immediately.

I like to add Bailey's to this recipe


                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment