Thursday, June 21, 2012

Inspiration from the Sea


Have you ever had those times in your life when you feel you are lacking inspiration?  Does it ever seem it would take a WHOLE village to move you or a billion cups of coffee to jolt you into existence?

This has been me lately since I came back to the islands from visiting my aging parents in California.  "Aging" may be the key word.  There is something de-spiriting about watching your parents age. And so, with a heavy heart, I have neglected the things I love ~


my shop on Etsy and my little blog, Ooh La La, Maui.

Yesterday I spent the whole day at the beach, looking for shells and getting drenched by waves beaking against the rocky shore.  The pulse of the waves and the of the smell sea, brought it all home to me.  We are ever evolving, ever changing.  Our bodies and hearts are like sea shells, fragile.  What's inside is what makes us strong as we get thrashed to and fro in the waves of life.


After a day at the beach, I am feeling refreshed and taking down the "do not disturb" sign.  I am welcoming myself back .... ready to blog and add new items to my shop.

Welcome Back


The Immortal Sea

That if I would,
I would stand immortally at sea
Gazing for eternity at sea

The beauty struck sea
I’d set leave of quay
To immortally find way

Stand upon the ocean shore
Reverberating sea splashing at my feet
Shore washing sea, covering my feet

To close my eyes is to be at sea
This dream lasts all day to me
One day is like twenty years at sea

That if I would,
I would stand immortally at sea
Hoping for eternity at sea

Wonder covered sea
I would bless the shore
And leave to be once more

Out at sea to sail
And stand upon a ship and sway
Listen to the creak of the wood, and say

To close my eyes is to be at sea
A dream that lasts eternity
Eternity, guaranteed, to live

Would one day be eternity
I would spend it out at sea
Stand upon the ocean shore, foaming at my feet

Annie Cordelia Adams


All photos were taken from Tumblr and are not my own.  Please contact me for original source.

No comments:

Post a Comment