Saturday, September 20, 2014

Robin's Egg Frames with Gold Accents - Yes!

I was tired of the "ho-hum" dark brown picture frames I had hanging in my hall way.  Time for a new coat of paint.  I painted the frames with a container of sample paint I had mixed at Lowe's and added Plaster of Paris for a chalk paint effect.  For the gold accents, I used Amaco Rub'nBuff - Gold Leaf.  I love this stuff!  It's easy to apply and adheres to woods, metals and plastics.  As you can see, I'm rather sloppy when I paint, but I like the worn look.  I think this paint scheme would be beautiful on something larger and more ornate than my frames .... but until then, I'll enjoy my little gallery.  


This is the third time I have painted these frames. With no before pictures to show you, imagine these a dark chocolate brown ... uck!


When doing small jobs, most hardware stores offer sample paints for a few dollars. Pick a color and preferably a flat paint and have them mix it. 


I used my index finger to apply the gold leaf paint.  Just rub off any excess.


My little gallery


http://www.snaptheconference.com/diy-chalk-paint-dresser/

No comments:

Post a Comment