Friday, January 10, 2014

Counting Your Blessings in a Blessings Jar

Why not a little musique while you read the following post.  It's very apropos! 


Because we are human, we are prone to experience years that are chuck full of blessings that can sometimes be obscured by the realities of life - hardships, tragedies and times of feeling out of sorts.  Such was ours in 2013.  I always thought Blessing Jars were rather silly, until now.  Oh, how I wish I could pick up a piece of paper and read the words that were written on a particular day in 2013.... words of joy and happiness for a blessing received.  

Well, I'm starting this year.  Bring it on 2014!

Well said!

I have only two blessing written in my jar .... I'm sure I could have thought of more.  But these two were doozies and in only 8 days!

This is my Blessings Jar.  Nothing creative here .... just got a large jar at Pier One (I'm anticipating lots of blessings this year) and attached a sweet angel ornament as a reminder that all blessings are from God.

Isn't this the cutest thing?  I adore the primitiveness of this angel and let's not overlook the silver glitter!  Bling Bling!

via Marty's Musings (see link below)


I thought it would be fun to show you what other Blessings Jars were being created out there but this was the only one I found pleasing.  I suppose I like simple.

Listen!  It's not- nor will it ever be - too late to start a Blessings Jar. Hope this has inspired you. Now go and start counting your blessings!




http://martysmusings.net/2012/06/our-blessing-jar-and-uses-for-mason.html

No comments:

Post a Comment